Visual Studies – Book Review Editor Position
After four years as Book Review Editor for Visual Studies, Annebella Pollen is stepping down. The International Visual Sociology Association is therefore looking to identify a suitable replacement for this important role. The role requires a broad awareness of the field, a commitment to high editorial standards and enthusiasm.
The duties of Book Review Editor include:
- Receiving and, where appropriate, soliciting books for review from publishers, and forwarding them to review authors in a timely fashion
- Identifying review authors and commissioning reviews, including extended review essays for particularly significant individual or linked publications
- Communicating with review authors and advising on appropriate review length and matters of style
- Ensuring submitted reviews meet the editorial standards of the journal prior to publication
- Working with the review authors and the journal editor to identify appropriate visual material to accompany selected reviews
- Developing the journal’s book reviews policy in conjunction with the journal editor and the film and multimedia review editor
IVSA welcomes expressions of interest in the role. Please supply a brief statement (max. 500 words) explaining your interest in the role, what you bring to the journal and prior editing/publishing experience, plus a CV. Submissions to the editor by May 1, 2017.
Informal enquiries or any questions may be directed to the journal editors or IVSA President.