IVSA ELECTIONS: CALL FOR NOMINATIONS
The IVSA is governed by its Executive Board, which consists of President, Vice-President, Treasurer, Technology Advisor, Visual Studies Editor, Graduate Student Representative, and nine elected Board Members. The Editor, Technology Advisor, and Graduate Student Representative are nominated by the President and ratified by the Executive Board.
The following IVSA Executive Board positions are now open for nominations:
- Treasurer (3-year term)
- 3 Board members, regular term (3 years)
- 1 Board member, one-year term
Treasurer (3-year term)
As a member of the IVSA Executive Board, the Treasurer is expected to participate in Board discussions and decision making in an ongoing manner through online communication, and to play an active role on various IVSA standing and ad hoc committees. Additionally, during the three-year term, the Treasurer is expected to attend at least two Board Meetings held the day prior to the annual conference.
The Treasurer will be accountable to the Financial Oversight Committee (constituted from the Board). The Treasurer’s primary responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Working with president to oversee the activities and responsibilities of the Business Manager;
- Ensure detailed monthly financial reporting to the board (i.e., conveying reports from Business Manager);
- Writing a short monthly “Note from the IVSA Treasurer” to be included in the monthly
“What’s Up with IVSA” email newsletter as a way of providing membership with a general overview and update of IVSA’s ongoing financial situation;
- Serve as second signature authority and second set of eyes on IVSA financial transactions;
- Preparing a “Treasurer’s Report” for presentation at the annual general meeting (aka, “Business Meeting”) at each year’s conference; this annual report also will be published on the IVSA website.
3 Board members, regular term (3 years)
1 Board member, one-year term.
Board members are expected to participate in Board discussions and decision making in an ongoing manner through online communication, and to play an active role on various IVSA standing and ad hoc committees. Additionally, during their three-year term, they are expected to attend at least two Board Meetings held the day prior to the annual conference.
Each nomination or self-nomination must be accompanied by a short statement (250-word maximum; longer statements will be edited by the election committee) that describes (1) your background and interest in the IVSA and (2) how you envision making contributions to the organization, along with a profile photo that can be posted on the elections page of the IVSA website.
Only IVSA Members can make a nomination, if you are an IVSA member please log in and return to this page (once you are logged in the nomination form will be visible).
If you are not already a member of the IVSA we encourage you to join today.
If you have any enquiries, please contact:
Gill Golding Gillian.Golding@gold.ac.uk
Voting will take place between 6-20 December.