The IVSA membership is made up of scholars, artists, photographers, filmmakers, and activists from around the globe. Together we share a passion for images, and collectively work to increase our understanding about the sophisticated, complex, and joyful ways films, photographs, works of art impact our daily lives.
IVSA offers a supportive community to those invested in visual studies, and we encourage diversity of expression, exploration, networking, and support within our membership. While celebrating this diversity, we also work to promote meaningful cultural and social investigation, as inspired by our methodological and epistemological foundations in Sociology.
Membership is open to anyone committed to the celebration and promotion of visual studies, regardless of discipline, media, or geographical location. If this sounds like the work you do, and the type of community you would like to be part of, we hope you’ll consider joining IVSA today.
Annual Membership Benefits Include:
- A yearly journal subscription to Visual Studies (three issues)
- Access to the Visual Studies archives
- An invitation to participate in our annual conference
- Online networking, forum discussions, and resource sharing
- An invitation to post your current work to the online IVSA Showcase
- A quarterly newsletter providing membership updates and opportunities
- An awards program for graduate students
- Access to a peer review processes for non-fiction films