ACAR-PAVR AWARD NOMINATIONS
Deadline for nominations April 7, 2023
ELIGIBILITY AND NOMINATIONS
To be considered for an ACAR-PAVR award, candidates must be nominated by a current IVSA member and have completed outstanding academic work that advocates for ACAR visual activism, and/or uses visual methodologies to advance ACAR activism in during the previous two years. Nominees do not have to be IVSA members, but if they are, they can self-nominate.
To nominate a candidate who meets the eligibility criteria noted above, please submit the following:
- Contact information for the nominee and the nominating IVSA member: name, position, academic department or program, institution, telephone and email address.
- A nomination letter (1200 words max) from the nominating IVSA member, recommending the nominee’s work in terms of the ACAR review criteria (see below).
- Supplemental documents and work products (not exceeding 5,000 words and 10 images) that illustrate the exceptional value and potential of the nominee’s contributions to progressive advocacy and visual research which advances ACAR activism.
Each nominee’s work will be evaluated by the IVSA ACAR Committee to assess its timeliness, significance, and creativity in addressing progressive issues of anticolonialism and antiracism. In examining the work of progressive advocacy and visual research which advances ACAR activism, the ACAR Committee will give special consideration to work that:
- draws scholarly attention to anticolonial and/or antiracist visual activism;
- contributes new insights to visual aspects of anticolonial, antiracist activism; and/or
- adopts visual approaches and methodologies to enhance and advocate anticolonial and antiracist activism.
NOMINATIONSTo nominate somebody for our awards, you must be a member of the IVSA. If you are already a member please log into your account.
If you are not yet a member of the IVSA, please consider becoming one.